Humans have been fishing for more than 40,000 years, and using fishing hooks for at least 22,000 years (read more here). Now we know the notion of fishing in the afterlife – or needing to be able to fish to get into the Great Beyond – has been around for a long time, too. A recent discovery found fish hooks included in a 12,000 year old burial (read about it here). I’ve always told my fishing buddies that, despite dragging along boxes and boxes of lures, we probably only need about six lures each per trip. The fishing trip into the Great Beyond is a long one…I doubt I’ll be able to limit myself to six.
- Gone Fishing…into the Great Beyond
- UP and LSSU Featured in Sky Magazine
- That Fish is How Old?
- LSSU Ranked 11 in Washington Monthly Best Bang For the Buck Midwest Ratings
- LSSU Nixes 8 AM Classes
- Why LSSU?
- LSSU Offers One Tuition Rate for All Students
- Warm-blooded Fish?
- The Power of Education
- International Fishery for Atlantic Salmon Sustained by LSSU Students